Thanks to the success of our Facebook and Meetup recruitment efforts, we are seeing an uptick of new players interested in joining a softball team in their local area. The problem might be that we are playing a co-ed sport that is inundated with more men than women. The Softball Leinster committee has agreed to test pilot an Open League this year. For eight Thursdays in May and June we are looking to have league that consists of whatever ratio of men to woman as needed to field a team. Just to be clear – this is not a competitive men’s league, this is for players who for one reason or another may not be getting their game on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday night. We are looking for anywhere from 4-8 teams to register. Here are the details:
- Team registration fee to Softball Leinster to enter a team is €0.00, nada nothing zilch…
- Teams should have a minimum of 12 players that are all registered with Softball Ireland.
- You must have an available pitch on a Thursday night – Contact us if you don’t and we can probably sort you out.
- Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to register your team.
- The proposed game nights are: 11-May-17, 18-May-17, 25-May-17, 1-Jun-17, 15-Jun-17, 22-Jun-17, 29-Jun-17 and 6-Jul-17
This League and many other topics will be discussed in greater detail at our Captain’s meeting on 11th of April at 7:30pm in Against the Grain. See all you captains and team representatives there.